Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mt. Baldy Family Hike


I'm totally fired up about hiking since having so much fun with my sister last week, so this morning I dragged the whole gang along for hike in Mt. Baldy. Eli walked on his own...and complained a little bit. Sierra went along for the ride in Rich's backpack. They were so funny saying, "Howdy, partner" & "Be Careful" to all the real hikers that we passed. As we got to the end of the trail, we found an unexpected surprise...a waterfall. Can you believe it? So. Cal summer and there is still a fresh water fall - AWESOME!!! We couldn't help but put our feet in and have our picnic lunch on the rocks.Just getting started...Ooooo! That cold water felt great!
That's mommy's girl! She is always up for anything outside. I love that about Sierra- she must be decked out in a cute outfit and her hair done... but then she's ready & willing to try something new.Of course- what would a Mountain adventure be without drama- We were stopped on the winding road for about half an hour as a motorcyclist who went off the road had to be pulled up the side of the cliff and air lifted out... typical LA, though, people were honking for us to go- not realizing we were stopped for a major accident. Thankfully- the kids didn't see anything beyond the cool helicopter. Watching this take place made us all QUITE thankful to be going home safe & happy about our luck in finding a waterfall.

2 comments:

Sara Ancich said...

What a fun day out with the family.  The picture by the waterfall is a framer for sure.  You're lookin' great, I must add!

Luv Bug said...

WOW! Looks like you are having quite a busy summer! I haven't been on in a while so I had a lot of catching up to do! I never knew that you were the "camping and hiking" type. Heck, I'm sure not! haha!

Well, hope things are good! I have made so many new church friends that are going to LSHS and I think I am pretty much set! I haven't gotten my schedule yet cuz I had to change P.E. to 6th period for water polo and I also had to drop my Geometry honors because all honors was just going to be too much with water polo and swim team. So ya...but other than that I am doing excelente! Hope things are cool! Can you believe it! School's starting up again in less than a month! wow! haha! Well, see ya 'round! Peacie Outie! <333 Tori :]]]

P.S. I miss you too!