Laura and I went white water rafting for 2 days on the American River in Sacramento (still working on getting those pictures uploaded) and then we camped one night in the Sequoia National Park. It was super scary at night- we could hear the bears in our campsite at night and see their tracks in the morning YIKES!!! During the day, however, it was wonderful. The air was filled with the smell of trees- it was clean & energizing. The sights were incredible as well - from the Giant 300 foot Redwoods to the rock mountains to the waterfalls. We hiked for 4 hours before getting in the car to head home. These are a few of my favorites:

This was at the start of the hike and as you can tell I was a cheerleader & I tend to get excited!

This fallen tree was a great way to show proportion. It was HUGE!

GOOFBALL. This was my gymnast moment.

Laura and I finally found someone to take a picture of both of us...YEAH! We were at the end of the trail. On the other side of the rocks we're standing on is the Tokopah Waterfall.
I'd never seen this cute, little critter before- a Marmot.
It's goofy, but this meadow reminded me of the Ponderosa... Where are you Little Joe?
Look at how small this car is in comparison with the two Giant Redwoods that it is driving between- Crazy.
I was pooped at the end of it all and took a little nap before heading home to reality. An Awesome trip.
I'll be putting the rafting photos up soon.
1 comment:
I am going to see if i can still lift MY leg up like that first picture...hmmmmmm...are you related to GUMBI?
Post a Comment