This is Elijah and I before going to the mud-park (Adventure Park in Huntington Beach). We were clean and excited about our little outing. We had never been there before and had only heard that at the end of the day - we'd want to throw our clothes away.
Off we go!

This is what we saw as we walked into the park. My first reaction was this looks like a scene from
Huck Finn. The park is a boys dream! A mud pond, a mud slide, rope bridges, a zip line and forts that they get to work on using real saws, hammers, and nails.


Elijah and I tried this a few times together and then he ventured off with a friend. I was so proud of his confidence.

This was the highlight of the day for me! After years of Elijah being in Occupational Therapy working on his strength and coordination- he was able to get across this rope bridge all by himself. He concentrated and shook and then he reached the other side. HE BEAMED and I could see how proud he was. Of course than he did it again and again...and I have about 30 pictures of it.


This was exciting! I of course had to do it first- then- he was willing to give it a try. They go so far & FAST! It was pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment