However, 30 I am... and thanks to my family, friends, and surprisingly my students, I had a BLISSFUL birthday. My day began with a birthday song and a special breakfast sandwich from the Rich & the kids. At school my students sang me a few wild renditions of "Happy Birthday" followed by some cake & gifts.... after a surprise like that, we gave up on work and watched "Mulan". At lunch my wonderful friends showered me hugs and gifts and even my favorite chicken salad... then we went out danced to "Cotton-Eyed Joe" with our students for spirit week. We had a family dinner at Outback and some shopping to close up a nearly perfect day. I could happily reflect at the end of the first day of my 30th year and be thankful for all that I have.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Birthday Bliss
I have to admit that 30 came a-knocking on my door on Friday... and I was a little sad. Did my youth just disappear? Am I officially a grown-up? YIKES! was what I kept thinking- I still remember being 17 like it was yesterday.
However, 30 I am... and thanks to my family, friends, and surprisingly my students, I had a BLISSFUL birthday. My day began with a birthday song and a special breakfast sandwich from the Rich & the kids. At school my students sang me a few wild renditions of "Happy Birthday" followed by some cake & gifts.... after a surprise like that, we gave up on work and watched "Mulan". At lunch my wonderful friends showered me hugs and gifts and even my favorite chicken salad... then we went out danced to "Cotton-Eyed Joe" with our students for spirit week. We had a family dinner at Outback and some shopping to close up a nearly perfect day. I could happily reflect at the end of the first day of my 30th year and be thankful for all that I have.
Eli doesn't look as excited about the elliptical that I got for my birthday as I was... here I come rock hard booty! :)
My friends are so sweet... I loved all of your thoughtful gifts.
A new office workspace- clean & organized also brightened the b-day.
Laura took me out on Sunday for a day of wine-tasting to ring in my 30's. We began at noon and tasted... and tasted... and took in the beautiful view.

Cheers to the next chapter... may it be my happiest yet.
However, 30 I am... and thanks to my family, friends, and surprisingly my students, I had a BLISSFUL birthday. My day began with a birthday song and a special breakfast sandwich from the Rich & the kids. At school my students sang me a few wild renditions of "Happy Birthday" followed by some cake & gifts.... after a surprise like that, we gave up on work and watched "Mulan". At lunch my wonderful friends showered me hugs and gifts and even my favorite chicken salad... then we went out danced to "Cotton-Eyed Joe" with our students for spirit week. We had a family dinner at Outback and some shopping to close up a nearly perfect day. I could happily reflect at the end of the first day of my 30th year and be thankful for all that I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Looks like you had the star treatment. Awesome! So glad you had a memorable few days to ring in the 30's. 30 looks so good on you! xo
oh my goodness - i did NOT realize the date!! happy birthday sweet friend!! we all love you.
So glad your day was special. I love/hate the ellyptical. Ely just know the pain of working out! He was just feeling for you! HA HA
Post a Comment