Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's Mario Time!

Another year older and a new theme to LOVE! Elijah has recently turned 7 and has officially become a video fanatic... he can't get enough of the Super Mario Bros. So, at his request, we had a party this year (instead of Disneyland like usual). He wanted to invite his whole class... so we did. We held a Mario-themed bash at my parents house and it turned out perfectly. Good friends... a bouncer... yummy snacks & cupcakes... thoughtful gifts... and a HAPPY 7 year old(:


Eli, Sierra & Rich sported Mario T's (Eli really wanted to do overalls & dress full-out as Mario... ummmm, that's a bit much)
Papa helped with everything!! He worked really hard to make sure the house & yard looked perfect... and they did! Thank you!

Mario cupcakes & Lego party favors.

The bouncer made the party... it was so perfect! The kids were so funny going up the slide backwards, wrestling inside... all the things that made the teacher-mommies at the party a little nuts(:


Of course what REALLY made the party was all the wonderful faces of Elijah's friends. Most of the kids we've known since birth... I kind of had a little moment during the party as I watched them all, thinking when did they all get so big??





Daddy got Elijah a Gasol Lakers jersey, so they could match each other on game night. Do you think he liked it??

Quote of the day, (Elijah), "Okay everyone. you can sing Happy Birthday to me on the count of 3!"

And just for the record, Eli requested white cupcakes, with white frosting, and I decorated them with a little Mario decal. He licked the frosting of one and handed it back to me.

" Thanks for the cupcake, Mom."

" Aren't you going to eat it?"

" No, I don't like cupcakes, just the frosting."

Nice.

Sierra had so much fun, I think she was convinced that it was her party...except for the present time... that's always a little hard to swallow for a sibling. In the end, I know she claimed at least on of his presents.

Happy 7th Birthday, Buddy






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great update and pictures, so glad he had fun and everything worked out ...
sorry I missed it!

Sara Ancich said...

it was a GREAT party down to every last detail. Your dad is giving Sea World a run for their money with that fabulous yard of his.

Thanks for having us!

And I agree... weren't they just rolling around on the floor in diapers a second ago?