Monday, December 7, 2009

The Empire Strikes Back... The MUSICAL

HILARIOUS is all I can say about this event. Saturday I took Eli to the "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back- The Musical". It was in Huntington Beach & put on by a group called the ARTS & Performance Conservatory. The cast & orchestra was made up of middle school aged & younger children who transformed the story of the movie with altered versions of songs from theatre classics like Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, and Cats. The song lyrics... I wish I had copies of those... they were so funny! Eli & I sat in the front row... me trying not to laugh too loud... and him mesmerized by the kids and the costumes. He said he wants to be in plays & sing songs on stage too. Any tips on how to make that happen... I have no idea how to pursue the children's theatre thing (aside from being a patron).
During intermission there were adults who belong to a Star Wars fan club (yes, they exist & they mean business) on site to take pictures with the kids and show off their fancy Star Wars themed car. I know... it's funny. I had a hard time taking them seriously, but they were so nice to kids. Eli was most excited about getting a photo with Master Yoda, R2D2, and that "Darth Vader" remembered fighting him Disneyland. I had to give the guy a wink and a high 5 for that one!



This young actress had the coolest R2D2 costume. I am totally going to attempt to make one for Eli.
This fan club is called the Rebel Legion. They even have their own trading cards... yes, I'm serious. To each his own, I guess(:






1 comment:

Sara Ancich said...

I knew someone else who went to this and i thought of you guys. Glad Eli had an unforgettable experience. And I can SO see him in the theater world. go for it mom. Start with a the community center...