Sunday, August 30, 2009

APU Flashback

Why didn't we do this sooner? That was the question of the day as 4 of my college girls (and former room mates) and I sat down to have mimosas this Saturday afternoon. It had been 5 years since most of us had seen each other... CRAZY! There was no reason... just life had moved on so fast and all of sudden the 5 us realized- hey, let's take a minute and reconnect. It was an amazing thing- no warm up time or awkwardness. It was just right into the same funny jokes and terms we always used as late teens and early 20's. We remembered the embarrassing stories that usually related to a party, the clothes that we thought were so awesome at the time, and I can't even explain it enough. I loved it!!! and I love you girls!!! Let's not wait another 5 years(:



The greatest thing about all of these pictures is I have like 800 more just like these from 1997-2001 (except that we wearing things in the other pics that showed our belly buttons and usually we had way too much silver eye shadow on... and the notorious brown lip liner). I'm happy to say there wasn't any lip liner in the bunch at this gathering. (:

2 comments:

Sara Ancich said...

oh my gosh...what a blast! So glad you got some girly time! Is that what needs to happen for me to have mimosas with you??? 5 years is a long time to wait.

Luv Bug said...

haha! thanks for the comment! And did you even know me when I was 10 years old?! I think I was 11 when I went into 6th grade?! lol!

My aunt was just asking me about you the other day and thought it was cool that we still keep in touch. She says I talk about you like your my aunt or something...which I found hilarious cuase we don't even look close to being related; unless you get tan or I turn white! haha!

Hope everything is good! I know...it feels crazy being a sophy. It's like I only have the same amount of years left of high school as jr. high, which went by so fast! Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit you sometime during the school year, (ur still in room 40 right?), but if not, I'll definitely see you at 8th grade graduation at the end of this year for Ben! ttyl! :)