I got this idea from another blog and searched my own thoughts for my top 5. Here we go…
Top 5 List
Top 5 List
Top 5 things under $5 that I can’t live without:
chap stick ( Burt’s Bees if we’re getting particular)
bottled water
sharpie markers
deodorant
99 cent tacos from Jack in the Box
Top 5 favorite movies:
Forrest Gump
Pride and Prejudice
Anne of Green Gables
Sixteen Candles
The Fugitive
Top 5 baby names I’d use if I were having more (which I am not planning to)
Skylar Noel(girl)
Micah James
Ezra John
Sonora Grace
and for my inner hippie- I’ve always liked the name Orchid
Top 5 Songs I could listen to over and over:
Gwen Stefani- Wind it Up
Garth Brooks- She’s Everything to Me
Simon and Garfunkel- Homeward Bound
Beatles- Golden Slumber
Vanilla Ice- Ice, Ice, Baby (just for laughs and memories of junior high)
Top 5 NON-RELATED People Who Have Influenced My Life for the Better (this is a tough one because there have been so many)
Tracy
My mom's good friend, Carolyn
My friends (especially Cori)
My favorite teacher from 4th and 5th grade, Mrs. Sommers
My mom's good friend, Carolyn
My friends (especially Cori)
My favorite teacher from 4th and 5th grade, Mrs. Sommers
My students
5 Things that are always in my purse:
wallet (obviously)
cell phone
chap stick
a toy train (to keep Eli entertained)
coupons for all of my favorite places (fresh ‘n’ easy, NY and Co., Old Navy)
Top 5 Moments that Changed My Life (in no particular order):
My Salvation
My wedding
The birth of my kids
getting hired as a teacher
The deaths of my Grandparents
Top 5 Current Obsessions:
blogging (writing mine and reading others)
eating turkey sandwiches from Subway
looking at autism related websites
trying to plan a summer vacation
writing lesson plans to finish out the current school year
Top 5 Places I’d like to go:
Spain
Australia
Ireland
white water rafting on Colorado River
Egypt (the teacher in me is curious)
Top 5 things around the house that I couldn’t live without:
the toilet (need I say more)
dish washer
my bed
microwave oven
TV
Top 5 jobs I’d love to have if I weren’t already a teacher:
professional artist (painter)
set designer for movies or TV
Host a travel show or review travel destinations
full-time mom at home
buyer for a children’s boutique
Top 5 cars I’d love to have:
1965 Mustang convertible
late 60’s Chevy Malibu
a decked out Honda Odyssey (for the mommy in me)
a 7-series BMW (for my inner- DIVA)
Volvo station wagon
5 Things I’d change in the world if I could:
the vaccine schedule in America (WAY TOO MANY- TOO EARLY)
the cost of living in CA
the hours in a day (I need more)
the percentage of kids who are low performing, don’t know how to read, and don’t have anyone helping them
I can’t narrow it down any further- I see so much need abroad- where do you even start?
5 Things that are always in my purse:
wallet (obviously)
cell phone
chap stick
a toy train (to keep Eli entertained)
coupons for all of my favorite places (fresh ‘n’ easy, NY and Co., Old Navy)
Top 5 Moments that Changed My Life (in no particular order):
My Salvation
My wedding
The birth of my kids
getting hired as a teacher
The deaths of my Grandparents
Top 5 Current Obsessions:
blogging (writing mine and reading others)
eating turkey sandwiches from Subway
looking at autism related websites
trying to plan a summer vacation
writing lesson plans to finish out the current school year
Top 5 Places I’d like to go:
Spain
Australia
Ireland
white water rafting on Colorado River
Egypt (the teacher in me is curious)
Top 5 things around the house that I couldn’t live without:
the toilet (need I say more)
dish washer
my bed
microwave oven
TV
Top 5 jobs I’d love to have if I weren’t already a teacher:
professional artist (painter)
set designer for movies or TV
Host a travel show or review travel destinations
full-time mom at home
buyer for a children’s boutique
Top 5 cars I’d love to have:
1965 Mustang convertible
late 60’s Chevy Malibu
a decked out Honda Odyssey (for the mommy in me)
a 7-series BMW (for my inner- DIVA)
Volvo station wagon
5 Things I’d change in the world if I could:
the vaccine schedule in America (WAY TOO MANY- TOO EARLY)
the cost of living in CA
the hours in a day (I need more)
the percentage of kids who are low performing, don’t know how to read, and don’t have anyone helping them
I can’t narrow it down any further- I see so much need abroad- where do you even start?
I'd love to hear some of your top 5 - think about it.



3 comments:
Ha Ha! This is a totally cute post! My dad is diggin' the Chevy Malibu thing...(he's obsessed with Chevy's). Well...i guess i'll have to do this too, (why not?), i'll post this when i get a chance! In the meantime I got to go and get ready for you know what! Woo-Hoo! Im like bubbling with excitement! And i haven't found my poetry book, but my mom hasn't whole-heartedly searched for it either! I'll ask her again later. See ya! --Victoria <3333
P.S. take my quiz...i want 2 see what you get!
Fun post... Such a variety of interests- I loved reading about you. I think we spent the past two years talking way too much about work!
I was just telling Dusan how I have always wanted a station wagon... in high school it was the VW Beetle station wagon...then it was the Volvo station wagon... Then it was the jetta station wagon. Now I wouldn't mind the BMW station wagon.
AAAHHH - you have influenced my life more than you know.
I love that you did this...it's a crack up!!!
Post a Comment