Monday, June 21, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond!

Summer is in full swing... I'm teaching summer school, the kids are going to summer camp & preschool, we're trying to squeeze in sprinkler running, watermelon eating, beach going. BUT to start off the summer, we hit Toy Story 3 at El Capitan in Hollywood for a SUPER FUN Father's Day. My parents, sister, and our little fam went to see the highly anticipated movie - Eli being (in his words), "a huge Disney-Pixar fan." The movie was hilarious! Mr. Potato head as a tortilla & Buzz speaking Spanish were our favorite parts.
Eli lost his first BIG tooth on the top that morning, so it's official, he says he's on his way to being a man(:


After the movie, we were STOKED to find that our tickets to this awesome theatre included a Toy Story themed carnival behind the theatre at Hollywood High School. There were so many activities for the kids to do... so FUN!
First stop on the activity list- Bungee jumping on a trampoline. Are you kidding? I was so jealous of the kids (I wore a dress that day- not trampoline friendly). They dove in head first- no fear and jumped for all they were worth!

Sierra was the real dare-devil of the day. She was loving it- yep, that's my 3 year old in the air doing flips. Look at her in comparison to the building behind her- YIKES!!

In the movie, the characters dance... ballroom style, so they had a live show version. My kids especially liked this part, since Monday nights in the fall & spring means "Dancing with the Stars" together on the couch.
That is one truly happy little face(:





Eli was content going in the bouncer & the video gaming tent. Sierra had her sights set on the Ferris wheel. Honestly, they aren't my favorite- I get kind of freaked out during the loading of passengers when the little seat is wiggling in the air, but how could I resist her?
There we are at the very top. I'm the one holding on tight. She's the one with both of her hands in the air screaming with excitement.
Meeting a few of their heroes. You can't really beat a high-five from Buzz and Woody when you're 6 & 3.

Sierra got a little squeeze from Jessy, who is currently her favorite character (sorry Dora & Diego, you've been passed up).
Her smile pretty much sums it up... and I think the Dad's had just as much fun.
Thank God for family, fun night's out together... and SUMMER!

1 comment:

Becky said...

HOLY MOLEY DOES THIS LOOK GREAT! The kids must have been in heaven!