They took full advantage of the big boxes, making one a boat with rakes for paddles- notice the life vests. I think that means I've taught them well at the river... or in a fake boat on our front lawn:)
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Can we build it? Yes we can!
Rich & I have been promising the kids a jungle gym for months and this weekend we made true on that promise. Thanks to a sale at Toys R Us, hours of back-breaking work taking out the old concrete and planters that were original to our backyard (circa 1950's style) and box full of wood and bolts that all looked the same and we ended up with a great play place for the kids.
They took full advantage of the big boxes, making one a boat with rakes for paddles- notice the life vests. I think that means I've taught them well at the river... or in a fake boat on our front lawn:)
Oh my Lord... What did we get ourselves into.
... With little help from Bob the Builder and his side-kick, Wendy the builder.
The finished product! Hallelujah!! Now all we need is to lay some sod down ... and can someone get me a margarita??
They took full advantage of the big boxes, making one a boat with rakes for paddles- notice the life vests. I think that means I've taught them well at the river... or in a fake boat on our front lawn:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Impressive. Now where does the hose hook up for that awesome water slide we saw before?
that's awesome!
I know what you mean by "oh my lord!" too.
Marissa wanted a life-size princess fort/castle for her bday and we started it, but it hasn't quite gotten finished yet...
lol
Awesome! Way to go, love the helpers and life vests and I hope you got your margatita :-)
I too have these great visions for playthings for the kids AND then it's time to put them together. It's never a pretty sight during the construction portion of the project but the end result is priceless. Eli and Sierra are two lucky kiddos!! :0)
Post a Comment